CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 26, 2008

Lots of news to report!!

My sister Krista and my future brother-in-law Dave.
Matt, Katelyn and I eating at Abay Restaurant.
Matt and I's first Ethiopian meal.

First, the most important news to report is that my little sister got engaged on Tuesday!!! I am so excited for her as she has found her prince. Dave is a kind and compassionate man, who brings such joy and laughter to our family. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he is going to make my sister very happy. They are planning a July 2009 wedding.

Next, we found an Ethiopian restaurant that is about an hour from our house. We had a great time trying some of their food and experiencing a little of their culture. The owner had decorated the restaurant with artwork that he bought in Ethiopia. Katelyn was a tad confused all day when we kept talking about going to an Ethiopian restaurant. She would come to me and say " Mommy, are we going to Ethiopia today?"

Also, we received our bi-weekly email from AGCI and learned that in the last two weeks there have been 9 referrals. We were only aware of 4. That means that we are getting closer and closer to our little baby. We should get our monthly update call this week. This will tell us what our new numbers are. Please keep us in your prayers as we continue on this journey.

6 comments:

Our Princess said...

How exciting! Congrats to your sister & I'm totally jealous that you've found an Ethiopian restaraunt!
Karey

Our journey said...

What an exciting week! Yeah for all those referrals. I will be excited to see what they mean for us next week when we get our calls.

Amy

Should've Been a Beach Bum said...

I'm so excited that there more referrals than you guys knew! YAYA!

Dawn said...

What a nice picture of all of you!

So, did you like the food? I'm such a picky eater, so I'm a little nervous about trying it.

Looking forward to hearing what your new # is.

~Dawn

GrandmaK said...

It's so great with each referral being offered as it does bring us closer to your new little one. What a journey this has been and it will only get more exciting the closer we get!!! It's almost June!!!!

Our journey said...

Hey Em,

No call yet. I bet they are going down the list and starting at the beginning, so it may even be tomorrow before we get our calls. Can't wait to see what the new numbers are.

Amy