CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

5 Months

Dear Emily,

Your baby is the star of the show. It's amazing what new tricks she's learning. She's actually learning a lot just from watching you. As her mom, you've taken on the role of teacher, too. So enjoy your little attentive student and keep introducing her to the world around. All babies develop at different rates. But, by the end of the 5th month, she'll probably:
Sit with support.
Transfer objects from one hand to another.
Make two-syllable sounds, like "ah-goo."


I got this in an email today and I have to say I sort of wish I hadn't signed up for this little report every month. Today it really hit me hard. I just want to be able to hold my little girl and show her the world and watch her grow. I have this overwhelming sense of longing for her. At some points I just cry because I so badly want to meet her and love on her.

Out of all the waiting we have done in this adoption, I have to say that the waiting to see if the judge has officially made your baby yours, is the hardest. I don't know if we will meet her in a month of in 2 months. I do know that God has ordained that special day and whether is later rather than sooner all of the waiting will be worth it!!!!

Our little girl will be 5 months old on the 28th!!!

3 comments:

Brian and Autumn said...

Keep hanging in there. We are almost there!
Autumn

Our journey said...

I know how hard this is Emily. Continue to have faith and trust that God's timing is perfect.

Leann said...

I know the wait is so hard. Hang in there. Hope you get good news this week. Praying you'll hear before Christmas!!