CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 13, 2008

The Begining of Our Journey

In 2007 Matt and I decided that we were now ready to begin our adoption process. We have been married for five years in August. Katelyn, our daughter just turned three in May. We always knew that we wanted to adopt we were just waiting for Gods timing. We have kicked around alot of different countries but feel God is leading us to Ethiopia. I had been on the internet and just stumbled upon Ethiopia and just felt drawn to them. Right now we are working on changing a couple of the rooms in our house to provide another bedroom for our child. After the rooms are finished we will be sending in our applications. We are both really excited to be begining this process, but also a little nervous. There is so much to be done and so much paper work to be filled out it overwhelms you to think of it. Anyways I started this blog so that our family and friends are able to check in and see whats going on and also to try to meet people who have already gone or are in the process of adopting. Please pray for us and for the child God is going to bless us with.

2 comments:

Chrysler said...

Dear Matt and Emily,

What a great idea to create a blog! I will put it on my favorites so I can follow on a regular basis. I can hardly wait to meet my new neice or nephew. We love you both very much and are looking forward to following you or this incredible journey. God Bless you both.
Aunt Dar and all

GrandmaK said...

Sorry I am so late in commenting. I've been so busy at work(HAHAHA!It is going to be a great adventure filled with both happy and frustrating moments but always remember GOD HAS BEEN AND IS ALWAYS IN CONTROL! Always remeber our family verse "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" He is right beside you as you journey to ward the child He has picked for your family.Love you..Mom