CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

And We're Off!!






It official!!! We're adopting. I mailed our formal application in today to All Gods Children. It has sure been a CRAZY DAY!! I decided to take today off because I had a guy coming to measure our house for new carpet and I had my physical. The morning started off great!! I was heading into get my nails done when my cell phone rang and it was the doctors office. Dr. Lang was sick and I needed to reschedule. No big deal though I am going tomorrow. So I got my nails done, then Katelyn and I went for lunch. After lunch I decided to go into work for a bit and get a few hours in since now I would have to leave early tomorrow for my appt. When I was done my mom and went to the post office to mail the application. Everything went well until we are walking out to the car I get in to start it and .........It didn't start. (Already had this problem this week but it started working again.) Called to have towed. Yep "it will be about an hour." Meanwhile it is a blizzard outside and we have to just sit in the car and wait for the tow truck. Luckily my mom was also driving her car so we did have heat. Called Matt he came to our rescue. Mom left and took Katelyn home with her. So we get home about 1 1/2 later and I'm taking the garbage outside and I hear air coming from Matt's tire. Look at it and.......he picked a up a nail somewhere and has a hole in his tire. It is now 8pm and we still have not had dinner. But the good news is that we are so excited and nothing can take that away. Please keep us in your prayers and I will keep you updated on the process.

4 comments:

Chrysler said...

SO NOW IT really BEGINS!!! I AM SURE THAT TIME WILL FLY BY AND BEFORE YOU KNOW ITYOU WILL HAVE THAT PRECIOUS BABY. GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
AUNT DAR AND ALL

GrandmaK said...

It was an exciting day and I will never forget how cold and wintery it was! Or how excited the man from behind the counter at the Post Office was to hear what we were doing and why we were taking pictures! It must have been a slow-mail-day-pick-me-up! I love you both and can't wait to be at the part where we are at the airport picking you up from Ethiopia. Love you, Mom

Should've Been a Beach Bum said...

I'll never forget the Sunday Katelyn came over and was tugging on my pant leg urgently, saying- "jenn, jenn, AUNTTTTTT JENN, im gonna be a big sister!"
She is going to love this baby soooo much!
Love you guys, Jenn

AuntTa said...

So I just keep thinking about getting my neice nephew or neice, and I am so excited. This whole process is the most amazing thing I've ever been apart of and I cant wait for the day when I can hold my nephew or niece in my arms and welcome them home!!!! I love you guys so much!!!!