CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Jeremiah 29:11-12

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope. In those days when you pray, I WILL LISTEN.

For everyone that knows me you know that my life did not start out perfect. Born with four major heart defects 25 years ago was not an easy thing. Medicine was not like it is today. But we had HOPE and I HAD A FUTURE. In those days there were tons of prayers said for me and GOD LISTENED. As I sit here today in the room that my next child will come home to, I am looking back on my life and thanking God for every blessing he has ever given me. My parents never raised me to think of my heart problems as a burden. It was how I was born. It was what made me special. My mom always talked to me about adoption because we never knew if getting pregnant was an option for me. But guess what? God blessed Matt and I with a beautiful healthy daughter. But before that He blessed me with a great family!! Our family never looked at problems as a problem, they were adventures and each adventure led to another. Through this "disaster" God Blessed me. I was able to experience things normal kids did not get to do. I was picked to be a Make- A- Wish child, which got me a beautiful trip to Hawaii. A few years after my trip to Hawaii I met my wonderful husband. He has been a true inspiration to my life. He is tender, compassionate, caring and most of all organized. He has made life so much better then I could ever have imagined. He keeps me grounded and on the straight and narrow. He is my rock. He also keeps me out of American Eagle!! (which for me is my biggest downfall. $$$$$)
I say all this to say GOD IS ALWAYS IN CONTROL!!! Even when we think life seems bleak and out of control HE IS THERE. He has EACH and EVERY DAY already planned before we even get out of bed. For this GREAT GOD, I AM BLESSED. So today as we start our true journey down the road of adoption I pray for God's strength and guidance. I pray we will know HE is there when things don't seem to be easy. I pray we hear Him in the gentle whispers.

0 comments: