CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dossier Off to AGCI!!!

Well, we have officially mailed our dossier to AGCI!!! I am so excited. I am going to be so lost when I go to work tomorrow and not have to take all my paperwork with me. For the last 2 months I have carried everything with me just in case I would need it. I was always going through everything at work so I knew just what I had to do that week. I am praying without cease that all of the documents are correct and don't need any changes made. I do know that this is probably impossible but we worship a God who does the impossible.
Yesterday I mailed out our I-600A application to US CIS. I do know that they had already received it at 11:00 a.m. today. (thanks to UPS tracking) How did people go through adoptions years ago without being able to track their package at the touch of a button. I sure do hope that somebody is working overtime to process our request!! Ha Ha!
Funny thing about the UPS Store today. I had said to Matt on our way there that we should just pay the extra money to have it over-nighted to AGCI. He said yeah that's fine. So when the girl asked how we wanted it shipped we told her and she said ok that will be $80. Needless to say its going ground (cheapest way)and should be there by Wed.

Once again keep us in your prayers until we hear back from Kate @ AGCI!!!!!

I just remembered that I forgot to update everyone on the Policy change at our agency. It used to be that you had to wait until after you were fingerprinted and got you Favorable Determination Letter from immigration to be added to the waiting list for your child. Know as soon as your dossier is checked and on its way to Washington DC to be authenticated you are then added to the waiting list. This means for Matt and I once our dossier is approved we will have a number!!!!!! Before we would have had to wait at least another 2-3 months before that would have happened.

I will let everyone know when we have any news!!!!! THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT!!!!!!

3 comments:

Should've Been a Beach Bum said...

I'm so excited! I read that about the waiting list on one of your friends' pages and wondered if that applied to you and Matt. How Awesome!
I was just telling Cubby last night that this is kind of like you being pregnant-it takes awhile and you don't know what you are having-how exciting!
Jenn

Our journey said...

Woohoo!! I am glad you got it off in the mail today! I am praying your dossier is complete and correct. You might be a number by the end of next week! I feel like now that that pile of paperwork is out of our hands we are finally pregnant.

Amy

Unknown said...

Hello Emily,

Glad to meet you. We are also an AGCI Ethiopia family. We accepted our referral of 4 year old Grace on March 30th and hope to travel in June. Welcome and congratulations on sending out your dossier!
Sharon