CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Night to Remember!



Michael W. Smith and Steven Curtis Chapman (if you click on the pic it will enlarge)

Tonight was a night I have been waiting months for. When looking forward to this concert I thought we would surely have our referral. That unfortunately has not panned out! As I was sitting at dinner tonight with my parents I said to them "Its funny how God gives you the strength to keep holding on and waiting." I then proceeded to say about how I couldn't wait to read Karen Kingsbury's new book "Sunset" (which came out the end of September), have Fort Ligonier Day's (which is a big fall festival in my town this past weekend) and go to see MWS and SCC on the United Tour. Somewhere in there I figured we would get our referral which would make for the best couple of weeks. God has other plans though. So anyways, as I was sitting or maybe standing (can't really remember) I had a revelation. Watching Steven Curtis Chapman sing "Yours" knowing what his last few months have been like and he is still on stage giving EVERYTHING BACK TO THE LORD I realized I can wait longer for God to reveal to us who our next child will be. God has put this passion in our hearts and just because its not within my time, doesn't mean I am going to get frustrated and not trust God for HIS PERFECT TIME. I am going to use THIS MOMENT of waiting to invest more one on one time with Katelyn, while I don't have to divide my time between two kids and to learn to be a better mother and wife to my family. I am not going to waste THIS MOMENT wallowing in self pity because I'm tired of waiting. I thank God everyday that He has chosen us to go on this adoption journey and if that journey is longer than anticipated than I am going to enjoy the sights. Thank you for reading my ramblings. The concert was AWESOME!!!! It truly renewed my soul and gave me strength to continue my ride.

3 comments:

Our journey said...

Great post Emily. It is easy to get down and wallow in a little self-pity (I did.) This is a child and you have been waiting for him. You love him even though you don't know who he is. God is good though and pulls us out fo the muck and reminds us what is really important. Have fun enjoying Katelyn!

Dawn said...

Glad you had a great time at the concert!! I liked your post too - very encouraging. Thanks. :)

Brian and Autumn said...

Glad this is a time of peace for you. And... you've been tagged.