CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

October Numbers

I am really running out of creativity for posting new numbers. So instead of showing you a picture I am just going to tell you. (I am really praying that these are the last official numbers that I get.) #4 boy and #5 girl

During my prayer time last night I found this verse, "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but when dreams come, there is life and joy." Proverbs 13:12. This verse really spoke to my heart because to be truthful when I got my numbers email I was a little saddened. I am just so ready to see a picture of my child. Is it a boy or girl, when were they born, how old are they, how much do they weigh? Typical questions of an adoptive parent in waiting. But then it hit me again that God already knows all the things and is holding my baby in His hands. If I am number 4 and 5 for the next 12 weeks so be it because God knows it all and when we get THE CALL there will be joy and life and I will know that beyond a shadow of a doubt I trusted God with my whole heart and knew that His timing is perfect.

On a happy note though with our numbers there were 2 possibly 3 girl referrals yesterday. Yeah for all those families that got to see pictures of their babies. This puts unofficially at number 3 or 2 for a girl.

Another exciting tidbit of news to add is that next week at this time I will be getting ready to go see Steven Curtis Chapman and Michael W. Smith on the United Tour. I am so excited. I have seen Michael W. Smith perform before but never Steven Curtis Chapman. To see them both on the same stage is just AWESOME!!!

5 comments:

Our journey said...

I too hope these wil be the last numbers you receive! You are so close. You should be getting a call from Christy soon too about what to expect when a referral does come. Looking forward to hearing about your child.

nell ann said...

Your numbers are so great!! And also, I am jealous about your concert. Be sure to include details, please.
Yay numbers!

Our journey said...

I know this is hard to really know deep inside, but all the pain and frustration of waiting will literally disappear when you see your child's face. It will happen exactly when God intends it to and for good reason.

Outdrsycple said...

Thank you for the comment on our blog. I love the verse from proverbs that you quoted on this post...it is a great one to cling to. I hope too that these are the last official number updates that we get! I can't wait to see all of our kids.

Kimmie said...

Oh, that is great...the last number we had was #5...got our phone call last Monday.


Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted