CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, October 17, 2008

IT'S A GIRL

**** Same referral post,just a different title. I had it titled the date of when she arrived at AGCI, but fear of releasing too much info I decided to change it.***
Today has been a CRAZY DAY!!!! My phone rang at 6:20 am, I jumped out of bed to find that it was my mother calling to see why I hadn't picked her for work. (My mom and I work together and this week I have been driving.) The bad thing is that I was still sleeping, so I am running around like a nut trying to pack my things and get out of the door in 2 minutes. Luckily, we have a shower at work that I could get reading there with no problem. After I was done showering I put my watch on upside down and then grabbed a cup of coffee. I told my mom "this is going to be the day I get my referral because of how crazy it has been." We plan perfect days for big things to happen and God has different plans. God's plans are so good!!! We are so unworthy of His mighty works but He still continues to BLESS US DAILY!!!! This was far from the perfect day until 6:14 pm eastern standard time. Now about THE CALL!!!! On Friday nights I babysit kids at church for our Celebrate Recovery group. My mom and I had just arrived and we were standing in the lobby talking to a some people. After a couple minutes of catching up Joel (one of the men that wrote a reference letter for our home study) asked me what our new numbers were. So I told him we were unofficially number 1 for a girl and 3 for a boy. I said it could be any second that we get the call. I then proceeded to tell them about how I have all my home calls sent to my cell phone so I don't miss the call. We were laughing about how Matt kept joking that I had to call him before telling my mom about our referral. The words were literally just out of my mouth when my cell phone rang. I checked the caller ID which said AGCI #. I was like "Oh my gosh its them" and ran down the hall. I really don't remember much about the call because I kept thinking to myself I have to call Matt. Now the information you want to hear. ( I just pulled a Christy. For those have already received your referral call, you know what I mean.) We have a little baby girl!!!! She will be 3 months old at the end of this month. We got about 6-8 photos of her. She is so precious!!! I really can't believe that this is all happening. It seems so surreal. Katelyn is so EXCITED. She was waiting at the front door for me to get home so we could see the pictures of her baby sister! Here are some pictures of Katelyn and I looking at our newest family member for the first time. She has already asked when we are going to pick her up. It's going to be a long 3-5 months. Oh yeah I almost forgot that today I received my ERGO Carrier that I purchased on ebay. So in one day I got my carrier and my baby. Now I just need to travel to be able to use the carrier!!! I know, patience.



19 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh Emily - I got chills reading your post!! I'm SO excited for you!!! I hope you have a WONDERFUL weekend gazing at pictures of your new daughter!

Michael and Michelle said...

What a special day!! I love referral day!!!! I am so happy for you. A sweet little girl.....I am sure she is just beautiful.
I am very happy for you guys!!

Michelle

cb4swife said...

Congratulations! I am very excited for you! Shannon

Maria and Family said...

I am so happy for you !! A little girl ! That is wonderful...that call is just soooo awesome :) I know you are still floating around :) I hope you only wait 2-3 months to travel ! 3-5 is too long. Maria

Jana said...

Pretty darn fantastic day huh? So awesome! Congratulations!

Our Princess said...

YEEEEEAAAAA!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!! I love the pics!!!!!!!!

Paul and DeeDee said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! praying that court comes quickly.

Our journey said...

Referral day is so special and uplifting for all of us. Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!!!!

Kristi J said...

congrats guys!!! What cute pics! I'm so happy for you guys and can't wait to be in your shoes...we'll be there soon, kristi

C said...

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brian and Autumn said...

YEAH!!! That is so exciting! Congratulations! It is such a special day full of all sorts of emotions and I am so glad you finally got to experience it all. I am so happy for you,
Autumn

missy said...

found your blog (through autumn's) just in time to hear your great news! we are just finishing up the paperchase w/AGCI and look forward to following your adventure!

Brian and Autumn said...

Emily - Quick question. Maybe I missed something?? Why is your post titled Sept 3rd 2008? What day did you get your referral?

Should've Been a Beach Bum said...

Em, I just have to tell you how excited EVERYONE is for Matt, Katelyn & yourself. I mean everyone-and how coincidental!

I was standing on the sidelines at the game that night, talking to Tracey about how any day now you guys were going to be getting your call and I reached into my pocket and saw that I had missed your call. I got to show EVERYONE at the Mountie game your little girl!

Then, later that night, Corey asked me if you had gotten your baby and I was like OMG! I can't believe I forgot! So, I showed them the pictures!

Then, Tuesday, my cousin Joy emailed me to see if there was any news or movement on you guys' baby front and low and behold, I was able to tell her the good news!

Everyone loves you guys and is soooo extremely excited.

Can't wait to ACTUALLY see her!

Clark and Sarah said...

So happy for you! I am right behind you and just got our referral for our baby girl. Maybe we will even travel together you never know!

Kimmie said...

Congrats on your referral...no hiding that you guys are excited ;-)

Thanks for sharing your joy. What a great big blessing in such a tiny little 2 1/2 month old package.

We just accepted our referral for a 6 month old girlon Monday.

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted

Dawn said...

Yes - they did an AMAZING job and it was a huge success! Blessed - that's all I can say.

It's only been a week since there's been movement and I'm already getting impatient. I'm tired of waiting now... REALLY hoping for a referral by Christmas!

Do you think the wait for the referral is harder or the travel call wait?

P.S. I can't wait to see pics of your daughter!!

Three2Five said...

Congratulations!!!