CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, January 17, 2009

1 Week!!!!



This is what my kitchen looked like this afternoon!! No we did not decide to redo the kitchen 1 week before we left. When we woke this morning it was -15 degrees. Last night we had one pipe that froze that led to two pipes freezing that then led to one pipe bursting. Of course we had to put a hole in the garage wall and then tear out the one kitchen cupboard to get to the break. A shout out to my wonderful brother who came and fixed it since it happened about 15 minutes before Matt had to walk out the door for church. My brother is so great and just dropped what he was doing to come and help. ( My dad came too!! Thanks dad) Thank you Timmy for all that you do for your family. We love you!!! ( I am blessed to have my brother as a neighbor too!!) Everything is now fixed and put back together.
So, it is so hard to believe that this time next week we will be on our way to Ethiopia. I have so many emotions going on all at the same time. I am just ready for it to be here and be done packing and thinking about everything I have to do. I am ready to hold my little girl in my arms and kiss and cuddle her. Please pray for us as we have this last week to prepare. Please pray for Katelyn as she is going to have a week without her mommy and daddy. I am sure she is going to have so much fun though going to school and helping grandma make curtains for Lidya's room.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

YAY!! Your time is finally here!! SOOOO excited for you!!!

jody said...

SO EXCITING!!! Kiss all the tiny babies you see and tell them their moms and dads are coming for them :) So happy for you guys-have a fantastic trip!!!!!

Should've Been a Beach Bum said...

Katelyn will be great. She knows her mommy and daddy are bringing her new baby sister home to her!

This week will be here and gone before you know it!

Dawn said...

I have been thinking about you a lot this week!! Praying that you have an AMAZING trip!!

Dawn said...

Oh and if you see a cutie little guy... well tell him that his mommy loves him VERY much and is coming soon!

DaveHelmstadter said...

I SEE THE TEAPOT!! LOOKS SAD!

WHAT WILL WE DO WITHOUT IT!!!

suzannah | the smitten word said...

emily, i am so excited for you!

(and by the way, i've totally been on your blog before! it used to say your town, (where i live, too), and that's how i stumbled on some months ago. i remember thinking, this woman is about my age, loves Jesus, is my neighbor--we should be friends!)

so glad we met through MOPS:) praying for you, your trip, and your growing family:)