CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 13, 2008

The Start of Our Dossier!








Last night we had our dossier orientation call with our case manager. I think I will be ok with getting all the documents done correctly and in a timely manner. While I was on the phone with her Katelyn kept saying in the background, "tell her I want a baby boy from Ethiopia." It was so funny. For anybody that has any advice for us on completing our dossier, please let me know.
Today is my 26th birthday. It is so hard to believe that I am already 26!!! I just can't believe how fast the years have gone. I had a great day. Thursdays are our administrative days at work. We don't have any patients and we go out to eat lunch. Being that I was princess for the day I picked the Olive Garden for lunch. I got there endless soup and salad, which is probably by far my favorite meal. I was so full!!! There is that special rule that applies on birthdays that you don't count calories!!! (Though I am going to work out as soon as I am done blogging.) My thoughts today like every other day continued to turn towards Ethiopia. I just kept thinking about what stage will we be at next year. Will we be home (I hope), how long will we have been home, will we be adjusted, you know all those thoughts that adoptive parents think every day of our journey.

Other exciting news that I have is that we finally finished Matt's den!!!!! Yippee! Here are some pictures of how it turned out.

2 comments:

Our journey said...

I found that the dossier was a lot easier than everything we had to get together for our homestudy. I am a paperwork nut, so I loved it. My best advice would be find out what you have to do and what others have to do for you (ie police clearances, reference letters, doctor's forms) and get the other people's stuff initiated, so you aren't waiting on that. You can always kick yourself in the butt to get your stuff done, but you don't always have a lot of control over other people getting their stuff done.

Good luck!!

Amy

Brian and Autumn said...

You will be able to get your end of the paperwork done quickly. So, I would suggest (just like Amy) getting the stuff other people are in charge of delegated first. I have had my portion done for WEEKS but we are still waiting on some straggling reference letters and results from fingerprinting. Get your prints for local, department of justice, and FBI done asap or else that's what you'll be waiting on at the end (just like me!)
Autumn