CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Yesterday was a beautiful day in Ligonier, Pa. It was about 65-70 degrees and sunshine. This was great considering that last Friday we had a huge snow storm that dumped about 6in. of snow. I know I said huge and it was only 6in. but it took us 2 1/2 hours to get home from work when it should only take about a 1/2 hour to 45 minutes. Anyways, it was a very good Monday. We went to see the Bodies Exhibit. It was absoulutly amazing. It really makes you realize how awesome our God is. Just to see how our bodies are composed and how each tiny little fiber and nerve matters. It made me begin to think about the church as a body and how important every single person is. No matter our size, age, income, color of hair or race, we each matter to our God. When I left for work today it was pouring down rain. I got Katelyn in the car and she said "God hates the rain." I said "No Katelyn God made that rain. He made it to wash away the dirt and to make flowers and grass grow and to provide water for us to drink." Why is it that we take each and every tiny thing and make it a complaint. Unless we wake up morning and the sun is shining and it 75 we are not happy. I have learned through my years that God takes the rainy days to make the sunny days better.
I got an email from AGCI yesterday stating that they recieved our contracts and they were going to start to process them. By Friday they should mailing out the dossier packet. Also thanks to Robin (my sister-in-law) who found an ad for nursery furniture on Craigslist.org, I was able to purchase a crib and furniture for the baby's room. One more thing off my large list!!!!

4 comments:

C said...

Thsnk you for you kind and up lifting words. congrads on your journey to adoption!!!! Thank you so much for the prayers!!! We will be sending our appl. out on March 15, 2008 so please remember us on that day and the following. I look forward to following along with your adoption journey, hope to be great blog friends, hope to keep in touch!! God Bless

Michael and Michelle said...

I just found your blog. We (my husband and I) too are adopting with AGCI to Ethiopia. We are on the wait list right now. Number 17 for girl, 14 for a boy and 2 for siblings. It's so nice to meet more people that are adopting. We will be following your journey!
Michelle

Brian and Autumn said...

Hi! I too just found your blog. We are at a very similar stage as you guys with AGCI. I look forward to following along with you! Autumn

Our journey said...

You are found! I found your blog through the other three above. Blogging is great because not many people completely uynderstand this journey of adoption unless they are going through it. It is also nice to find people that are in a similar part of the journey. We are waiting for our homestudy to be approved, so we can become a number on the list!! We too are adopting from Ehthiopia through AGCI.

Amy